To My Valued Patients, Friends & Colleagues,
As many of you know, I am the President of the American Association of Aesthetic Medicine & Surgery (AAAMS), an association dedicated to revolutionizing cosmetic surgery procedures. I travel often to train physicians around the world.
This month marks my fourth training seminar in Taipei, Taiwan. I am thrilled to be able to teach my passion for aesthetics on such an international scale.
During my last visit, I learned several interesting facts about Taipei. Here they are:
- Between 2004-2010, Taipei Tower was considered the tallest building in the world. It is now outranked by the Burj Dubai in Dubai (see below)
- Eslite Dunnan is the world’s only 24-hour bookstore
- Karaoke is a 24/7 sport
- Beef noodle soup is Taipei’s official dish
- There’s a toilet-themed restaurant. You can also dine at prison-, Barbie-, and hospital-themed restaurants
- Taipei is the Chinese pop/indie music capital
- There’s a whole street devoted to wedding photographers
If you ever make your way over, be sure to check it out!
Sam Assassa, M.D.